- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government sitting in the Seimas.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 5:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening of Africa Day celebrations at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 7:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening of the Vilnius Russia Forum.
- 2018-05-25 On 25 May from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the Russia Forum.
- 2018-05-25 Press Conference after Vilnius Russia Forum
MFA statement regarding recognition of Jerusalem
Referring to the US decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and preparations to move the US embassy to Jerusalem, Lithuania reiterates its position that the two-state solution remains the only way to achieve a just and lasting peace between Israelis and Palestinians.
It is a primary task for the international community to double its efforts to create the necessary impetus to renew dialogue between Israelis and Palestinians in order to achieve an agreement on all final status issues in direct bilateral negotiations.
The status of Jerusalem as a capital for both countries in the future is one of the permanent status issues and therefore the subject to negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians.
The peace process must be conducted in an atmosphere free from violence, therefore it is important for all parties to work together to maintain calm.
Annual political consultations between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania and Israel were held in Vilnius on 19 June 2017 where the most significant matters of bilateral cooperation and international affairs were discussed.