- 2019-08-20 On 20 August at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a session of the Seimas
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-08-22 On 22 August at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a session of the Seimas
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister thanks Romanian Ambassador for his attention to Eastern Partnership
On 18 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius bade farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Romania Dan Adrian Balanescu. He served as Romania’s Ambassador to Lithuania from the end of 2012.
The officials welcomed Lithuania’s intensifying relations with Romania. The number of bilateral visits has increased. The bilateral trade turnover and bilateral investments have been growing. Romania opened its Honorary Consulate in Klaipėda in December 2014. In March 2018, the Lithuanian-Romanian Business Council was inaugurated under the Association of Lithuanian Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Crafts.
L. Linkevičius thanked the Ambassador for paying great attention to the Eastern Partnership during the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union and for the organization of events to mark the 10th anniversary of the Eastern Partnership.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister also noted the importance of close cooperation with Romania in ensuring that Moldova's European aspirations were turned into reality.
“Our support for Moldova is essential. Although the situation in the country has stabilized, Moldova cannot be left alone, ” said. L. Linkevičius.
D. A. Balanescu will be replaced by the incumbent Secretary General of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Cosmin-George Dinescu.