- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 9:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius and other members of the Cabinet meet with the Prime Minister
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 11:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with George Kent, Deputy Assistant Secretary in the European and Eurasian Bureau at the U.S. Department of State
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
Lithuania opens its fifth Honorary Consulate in Japan
On 24 May, Lithuania opened its fifth Honorary Consulate in Chiba Prefecture, Japan. Takeshi Okawara, Head of JC Comsa Corporation, was appointed as the Honorary Consul of Lithuania.
The Ambassador Gediminas Varvuolis presented him a consular patent and expressed gladness that the new Honorary Consul was a great friend of Lithuania and a well-respected entrepreneur in Japan, who actively developed business and cultural ties with Lithuania. Japan's Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs Akiba Takeo also sent a congratulations letter.
The Honorary Consulates of Lithuania also operate in Fukuyama, Sapporo, Osaka, and Gifu.