- 2019-01-17 On 17 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening ceremony of an exhibition of photos of the Jewish Cemetery at the Vilnius Saulėtekis School
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the 5th Annual Nordic Conference
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 11:15 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Ambassador of Turkmenistan
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with foreign ambassadors accredited to Lithuania
Linkevičius discusses opportunities for developing the relationship between Lithuania and Ireland, items on the EU agenda
On 12 March, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Chairman of the Select Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade, and Defence of the National Parliament of Ireland (Oireachtas) Brendan Smith, and discussed the key bilateral issues, as well as items on the agenda of the European Union and Eastern Neighbourhood initiative.
“The EU solidarity is essential for the negotiations on the United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the EU, as well as for maintaining sanctions against Russia and supporting Ukraine’s reforms, if we want the EU to be able to meet the current political, economic, and security challenges,” Lithuania’s Foreign Minister said.
The meeting also discussed the bilateral relationship between Lithuania and Ireland. Linkevičius emphasized the potential for the development of bilateral relations in the areas of economy, education, science, and for working on expanding relations with universities to offer student exchange programs.
The Chairman of the Select Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade, and Defence of the National Parliament of Ireland Smith is visiting Lithuania on 10-13 March. On 11 March, he attended a solemn commemorative event on the occasion of the Day of the Restoration of Lithuania’s Independence in the Seimas. In addition, Smith is also holding meetings with representatives from the Ministry of National Defence and Committees of the Seimas.