- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Linkevičius congratulates new U.K. Foreign Secretary
On 10 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated Jeremy Hunt and wished him every success in his new responsibility as the new British Foreign Secretary.
In his letter of congratulations, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister underlines that Lithuania much appreciated the UK‘s solid contribution to boosting defence capabilities and NATO's presence in the Baltic region, as well as our close bilateral cooperation in the fields of strategic communications and cyber security.
“I am glad to note a rich and long-standing relationship between Lithuania and the United Kingdom. I truly hope that we will be able to continue coordinating our views through effective bilateral dialogue, as well as various regional formats,” writes Linkevičius, who also highlights that the two countries are linked by the UK's Lithuanian community.
Hunt has been appointed as the new British Foreign Secretary after the resignation of Boris Johnson. Prior to this appointment, Hunt held the post of a Health Secretary.